.....ေပ်ာ္ရႊင္စြာ ေလ့လာပါ.....

A compound sentence

A compound sentence is a sentence consisting of two or more main (independent) clauses linked by a coordinating conjunction.

COMPOUND SENTENCES JOINED BY 42 CONJUNCTIONS
1. and
We stayed at home and (we) watched TV.

2. but
I brought a newspaper but (I) didn't read it.

3. or
Do as the teacher told, or you'll be punished.

4. nor
I can't swim, nor can you.

5. either
They are not happy, I'm not either.

6. neither
The man is not honest, neither is his son.

7. else
Walk quickly, else you won't overtake him.

8. however
Yangon has a warm weather; however Putao has a cold one.

9.therefore
Soe Pay didn't study; therefore he failed in the exam.

10. so
It is very hot, so I opened the window.

11. for
It was late, for I have long been here.

12. also
I am quite happy; he is also.

13. otherwise
Do as you are told, otherwise you'll be punished.

14. yet
He didn't study, yet he passed his exam.
15. then
You are tired, then you must take a rest.

16. too
My husband likes riding bicycle; I do too.

17. nevertheless
I'm not quite well; nevertheless I'll go along with you.

18. nonetheless
The book is too long; nonetheless it is education and entertaining.

19. or else
Do as I tell you; or else you will regret it.

20. only (that)
I really want to go, only that I am now busy.

21. as well as
We will travel in days as well as at nights.

22. no less than
Father loves me no less than mother does.

23. rather than
She'd rather die than tell a lie.

24. both and
Both Ngapli and Kanthayar are pleasant beaches.

25. either or
Either Ko Win or Ko Thin is in the room.

26. neither nor
Neither Thuzar nor Marlar goes to work.

27. and also
They know him and I know him also.

28.and too
He likes tea and I do too.

29. and either
He can't go and I can't go either.

30. and neither
I am not happy and neither do they.

31. and then
He took a bath and then had dinner.

32. and nor
He won't visit Pepple's Park and nor will she.
33. and yet
I want to leave, and yet I feel obliged to stay.

34. and thus
They like movies and thus they often go to the movies.

35. and hence
I have no relatives, and hence I will have to stay here.

36. but nor
She doesn't like them but nor do we.

37. but neither
He is not a very outstanding person but neither is he a good-for-nothing guy.

38. but still
We searched everywhere but we still couldn't find it.

39. not but
The easy chairs are not polished but painted.

40. not nor
You are not married, nor am I.

41. not only but also
I am learning not only English but also Japanese.

42. not just but also
My parents not just take care of me but also lead me.

စာေရးသူ
စိုးမိုး၀င္း